Scratch & Dent How it works
HOW IT WORKS
and RETURN & REFUND POLICY
We want to ensure you feel 100% comfortable purchasing Scratch & Dent in-stock inventory from us. You, our client, have the RIGHT to INSPECT any scratch & dent item(s) you have already purchased with our very own Inspection Agents.
How It Works?
- After you process an order with a Scratch & Dent item(s), our team will wait for you to visit our warehouse located at 1790 West 8th Avenue, Hialeah, FL. 33010.
- Upon your arrival or your chosen agent’s arrival, you or your chosen agent will be guided to our inspection zone where an Inspection Agent will lay the carton(s) that make up the Scratch & Dent item(s) on your order out for you on our work tables.
- The Inspection Agent will proceed with opening the carton and showing you, or your chosen agent, each and every component within the carton. The Inspection Agent will want to show you, or your chosen agent, that all the components needed to assemble the item(s) are present. The Inspection Agent will also show you, or your chosen agent, the component(s) that have the imperfection, that we term as Scratch & Dent.
- If you, or your chosen agent, are in ACCEPTANCE of the imperfections and would like to proceed with the order, then the Inspection Agent will re-pack the components into the same original carton and in the same way they come from factory. The Inspection Agent will tape and seal the box.
- IF you, or your chosen agent, are NOT in ACCEPTANCE of the item anytime before, during or immediately after the inspection, then you have the right to request a FULL REFUND of the Scratch & Dent item(s) in question. We will issue you a 100% REFUND of the Scratch & Dent item(s) you are not in acceptance of immediately.
- Our team will then proceed with loading the carton(s) into your, or your chosen agent’s, vehicle, where a Proof-of-Delivery form indicating that you, or your chosen agent, have Inspected and Accepted the Scratch & Dent item(s) in their as-is condition. Furthermore, also signing to the fact that you, or your chosen agent, understand that all Scratch & Dent items on any order are non-refundable.
Return & Refund Policy
- You, our client, have the right to inspect any Scratch & Dent item(s) from a paid order prior to pick-up. IF at any time before or during the inspection, you would like to CANCEL the order and request a FULL REFUND, we will do so without question!
- Once the item has been inspected by you or your agent and it has been signed off as ACCEPTABLE, then that will constitute a FINAL SALE without the ability to request a REFUND or CREDIT.
- Once the Scratch & Dent item(s) have been ACCEPTED and either scheduled for delivery or picked-up at our warehouse, then unfortunately, there CANNOT be any returns of the item for any reason.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
We want to ensure you feel 100% comfortable purchasing Scratch & Dent in-stock inventory from us. If you don’t find the answer to your question here, please feel free to call us at 305-889-3364 or e-mail us at ONLINE@OfficeFurnitureSale.com with your question!
QUESTION # 1
Why do you have Scratch & Dent (S&D) inventory from Big Box Retailers?
ANSWER # 1
Since 2005, we have handled the disposition and liquidation of customer-returned merchandise from Big Box Retail Chain Stores and Online Etailers. This merchandise is loaded onto trucks and delivered to our warehouse in South Florida. Upon its arrival, our team of Inspection Agents will open and inspect each and every carton that is off-loaded from the truck. Items that have all the components within the carton and are in pristine condition are then distributed nation-wide and internationally as well. Items that fail the inspection due to a minor imperfection are then labeled as Scratch & Dent and their distribution is restricted to local shoppers who can visit our warehouse in South Florida to inspect the item with our Inspection Agents.
QUESTION # 2
Do the Scratch & Dent items come un-assembled or assembled?
ANSWER # 2
The Scratch & Dent items are mainly un-assembled in their original cartons. After the initial inspection that deemed that item S&D, the Inspection Agent will replace the components in their original packaging exactly in the manner by which they arrived to our facility.
QUESTION # 3
Do you offer the service of Assembly for Scratch & Dent items?
ANSWER # 3
Yes, we can offer the service of local South Florida assembly for Scratch & Dent items but ONLY after the you, or your chosen agent, has visited our South Florida location to inspect the item(s) with an Inspection Agent and signed off on your ACCEPTANCE
QUESTION # 4
Do you offer the service of Delivery for Scratch & Dent items?
ANSWER # 4
Yes, we can offer the service of local South Florida delivery for Scratch & Dent items but ONLY after the you, or your chosen agent, has visited our South Florida location to inspect the item(s) with an Inspection Agent and signed off on your ACCEPTANCE
QUESTION # 5
Can I cancel and receive a FULL REFUND of the Scratch & Dent item(s) after they have been inspected and ACCEPTED by me or my chosen agent?
ANSWER # 5
Unfortunately, no. All sales of Scratch & Dent item(s) are considered a FINAL SALE after you, or your chosen agent, have inspected and ACCEPTED the S&D item(s) in As-Is Condition.
QUESTION # 6
Can you show me over the phone or email what is the imperfection of any S&D item before I purchase?
ANSWER # 6
Since we have thousands of S&D items in stock and our teams are very busy with inspections and other warehouse duties, it is very difficult for us to pull an item from the warehouse to open, find the one or more components that have an imperfection and send you a photograph. We prioritize paid orders for S&D Inspections. This is why we offer a 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. If you place an order and wish to cancel for ANY REASON before ACCEPTING the item and converting the order into a FINAL SALE order, then we will issue you a FULL REFUND. Because we are very busy, we want to ensure we are prioritizing the limited time of our Inspection Agents to orders that require disposition. In addition, photographs may not show the details that you care to see and so we prefer to have you, or your chosen agent, inspect with our Inspection Agents.
QUESTION # 7
How are you handling inspections with the COVID-19 social distancing policy?
ANSWER # 7
Despite the challenge, we are requiring no more than 3 people to be present in the inspection zone during an inspection. The 3 people allowed to be present are the Inspection Agent, You plus a guest of yours. Our Inspection Agents will be wearing a face mask as well as gloves.
QUESTION # 8
Can one item have more than one imperfection?
ANSWER # 8
Yes, this can be the case at times. Our standards for S&D are quite high. If we find a component that is beyond what we classify as acceptable, then it will FAIL the S&D certification and be eventually destroyed and discarded. We do guarantee that the S&D item(s) can be 100% functional after assembly and without jeopardizing the quality or functionality of the item(s). If you find a component that cannot be used to complete the assembly of the S&D item(s), then we will replace the component at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE.
QUESTION # 9
I don’t want to pay until after the inspection. Can I do this?
ANSWER # 9
Unfortunately, our S&D terms & conditions are firm. We will only pull a S&D item from the racks that has a PAID IN FULL order associated with it. This is to ensure our Inspection Agents are focused on orders that must be dispatched.
QUESTION # 10
Can you order for me replacement parts of any components that are imperfect?
ANSWER # 10
If there is an opportunity to work with the manufacturer to order replacement parts, then we will attempt to help you; however, we cannot guarantee this is an option and we cannot ensure there will not be a fee for the component.